The CHOICE – Even in hell hope can flower - Edith Eger


ISBN: 978-0-141-98714-9
Verdict👍👍👍

What an amazing story from an amazing woman who survived the Holocaust.

Edith starts the book with a great passage, which sets the tome for the rest of the book.– “What happened can never be forgotten and can never be changed.  But over time I learned that I can choose how to respond to the past. I can be miserable or I can choose how to respond to the past. I can be miserable, or I can be hopeful – I can be depressed, or I can be happy.”(p7) 



"Suffering is universal. But victimhood is optional" (p90)

The quote on page 277 – when Edith visits the Eagles Nest, Hitler’s old residence and states “here I am, forever giving a dead person the power to cut off my on discovery” – Wow !

This and reading the book the Tattooist of Auschwitz made me want to visit Auschwitz , which I did earlier this year leaving a powerful impression in my mind one in which really made me question how could humans do such horrendous acts !.. 

Below two powerful images from my visit to Auschwitz after reading this book:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surrounded by Idiots – The Four Types of Human Behaviour (or, How to Understand those Who Cannot Be Understood) – Thomas Erikson

IBM and the Holocaust: The Strategic Alliance Between Nazi Germany and America's Most Powerful Corporation - Edwin Black

Red Teaming ( Transform Your Business by Thinking Like the Enemy) - Bryce G Hoffman