Prince Harry - SPARE

 


ISBN: 978-0-8575-0479-1

Verdict👍👍 👍

This is one of those books that one must read in full to fully appreciate the whole story, ignoring the constant British tabloid reportage and thus truly understand the subsequent decisions the Prince has been forced to make.

In the book the Prince discusses his Mother, his Military career and passion, his grandmother HM the Queen Elizabeth , his relationship with family.

A constant theme in the book is the Prince's dislike of the British Media, who  attack him and now his  wife over years and used by the staff to remove bad press from other members of the royal family.

Below are some of the snippets I highlighted while reading;

P 94 ‘unlike so many girls I met, she wasn’t visibly fitting herself for a crown the moment she shook my hand’ (re his girlfriend Chelsey who on p 156 who ‘wasn’t up for a lifetime of being stalked?’ )

P121 ‘The paps had always be grotesque people’ , ‘more radicalized’, ‘Their mullahs were the editors’.

P208 ‘The Taliban actually issued a statement: Prince Harry was our target. And the date of the attack has been carefully chosen as well’.

P252 ‘For my everyday casual clothes I’d go to T.K.Maxx’

P272’ Re his wife ‘’She’d been all over the world, lived in various countries, worked for the US embassy in Argentina-her CV was dizzying’.

P294 ‘Camilla turned my bedroom into her dressing room. I tried not to care. But, especially the first time I saw it, I cared.’

P312 This quote resonated with me he took from someone - ‘Our current royal family doesn’t have the difficulties in breeding that pandas do, but pandas and the royal persons alike are expensive to conserve and ill-adapted to any modern environment. But aren’t they interesting? aren’t they nice to look at? ‘

P365 where ‘A BBC radio presenter posted a photo on his social media – a man and a women holding hands with a chimpanzee The caption read “Royal baby leaves hospital”How truly awful for a new father to see .

However the shocker for me from the book is on p387 – I will not type it all out, so I've pasted a picture of the page  where in essence Prince Harry’s Security was pulled, ordered to evacuate, no notice or period of transition to arrange alternative cover .. this shocked me.

 




I enjoyed reading this book which  made me understand and respect Prince Harry the man.

Personal Comment : It’s a shame we in Britain have lost such asset to promote the UK brand Globally and I hope once the British Public see through the constant media misinformation and allow him and his family will return to the UK . 

Popular posts from this blog

Surrounded by Idiots – The Four Types of Human Behaviour (or, How to Understand those Who Cannot Be Understood) – Thomas Erikson

IBM and the Holocaust: The Strategic Alliance Between Nazi Germany and America's Most Powerful Corporation - Edwin Black

Red Teaming ( Transform Your Business by Thinking Like the Enemy) - Bryce G Hoffman