Buy, Hold, and Sell!: The Investment Strategy that Could Save You from the Next Market Crash - Ken Moraif

ISBN
978-1-118-95149-1

Verdict:  👍👍 👍 

Recently, whilst working on an consultancy assignment, I was asked by the CIO to classify the application estate using a ’Buy ,Sell Hold’  set of tags, so  when I saw this book I thought it would make for a  good read and I was not disappointed.

The book provides great value . For me it provided quite a lot to consider especially as I am of the age where I am considering my retirement options.

In this book Ken sets the context  in Chapter 1 where he starts with “You can’t take the risks you did when you were younger. You’re not in the game for growth anymore; you’re in the game to protect your principal” p3) and continues to follows this through.

 The following quotes from the book got my highlighter to pause and think.;

  • When you have a strategy, you can make a plan without being driven by your emotions – p81
  • As investors, we have to distinguish the battle from the war and make sure we don’t deplete our resources to the point where we don’t have enough capital to continue the fight” p105
  • How do you determine the strength of your financial house? You need to quantify how much damage you can withstand and still be okay. You need to know your ‘magic number’.

This is one of those books, that if you are of a certain age and thinking of retirement, is a must  a read and not just for investment strategy advice.  I would definitely recommend this book on those grounds.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surrounded by Idiots – The Four Types of Human Behaviour (or, How to Understand those Who Cannot Be Understood) – Thomas Erikson

IBM and the Holocaust: The Strategic Alliance Between Nazi Germany and America's Most Powerful Corporation - Edwin Black

Red Teaming ( Transform Your Business by Thinking Like the Enemy) - Bryce G Hoffman